Monday, November 5, 2012

(Week1)- November 5, 2012


Today I went to the HR department and asked for the HR officers that the college career center contacted for my work placement that I came to pick my work plan but I was told that there isn’t one ready for me. But he told me that he will ask my manager in my department to prepare a work plan for me. In addition, I asked the HR officer if it’s possible for me to be rotated in different department but he told me it’s not possible because the college is asking the trainee (us) manager to evaluate the student but it not possible for each department to evaluate us in just in few days or one week. Later on I discussed with my manger what the HR officer told me that he will ask her to prepare a work-plan for me. She told me that she and the department director discussed what I will be doing during my work placement period  and decided  to rotate me within the department its self because the department I’m in has 4 sections so I’ll be in each section for at least 1 week or more it depends.

 

The work I did today was similar to what the girls in the documenter section had explained to me yesterday but today they showed me the calculation program they are using and for what they are using it for in their section. For the calculation part the girls just explained to me how they use the calculation program but they could let me use the program because each staff has a password to access the program. However, they wanted to show me the calculation part so that I’ll know why I need to do the calculation for. in addition, later on I sat  with my manger and stared asking her to explain to me more about the department and I knew that our department the “Credit Admin”. Credit Admin department deals with spreading loans (credit facility) to customers before authorization advice it’s the most important department in the bank and any deal the branches do the security files should come to the Credit admin department.

No comments:

Post a Comment